We are so honored to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by the ever talented Brianna from Lookbook Style and Design. The Liebster Award was developed as a way of encouraging new bloggers by providing a forum to connect with others. It’s an amazing concept and we are super grateful to have the opportunity to participate in it!
Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Answer questions from the blogger who nominated you.
2. Nominate 11 new blogs with 500 followers or less.
3. Post 11 new questions for your nominees to answer.
4. Tag your nominees and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been nominated.
Now Kristy will take it away and answer the 11 fun questions from Lookbook Style and Design:
1. When did you start your blog and what influenced you to start it?
My mom, Karen, decided to start sewing on a more regular basis after retiring from a long career as an elementary school teacher. She’s always loved sewing but never had the time to really devote to it while she was working. She started putting together the most adorable handmade aprons, doggy bandanas and dish towels and after getting a really great response from family and friends, we decided to start our blog in January 2014 as a way of chronicling her adventures in sewing and sharing her creations with others. Since she is slightly on the technologically challenged side, I’m usually the one who oversees the blog.
2. Describe yourself in one word.
Dog-lover. Does that count as one word? =)
3. What day of the week do you enjoy the most?
Since my mom is retired now, she’ll say that everyday is a holiday so I don’t think she has a favorite. My favorite day of the week is Saturday. I love any opportunity to sleep in, relax, and forget about the stresses of the work week!
4. Do you collect anything? If so, what?
My mom doesn’t really have any collections but I started collecting shot glasses from places I’ve been to and places others have visited when I was young.
5. What is something you’ve done that you’re proud of?
I think my mom would say that she’s proud of completing a long and meaningful career as a teacher and that she can now live out her dream of enjoying retirement with my dad and their puppy. The one thing I’m proud of is learning to cook! I wouldn’t say I’m Ina Garten in the kitchen but I’m definitely getting much better.
6. Currently, what song makes you happy?
“Happy” by Pharrell Williams. Talk about a feel good song!
7. What is one piece of technology that you can’t live without?
iPhone. We would both be lost without it!
8. What has challenged you about blogging?
Figuring out how to navigate through the technological aspects of blogging since this is all still so new to me.
9. What would a perfect day be for you?
A perfect day for my mom would be getting to spend time with her family. A perfect day for me would probably be at the beach with a book.
10. How does your blog inspire others?
I don’t know if our blog actually does inspire others or not but we hope that we can share our enthusiasm for finding ways of doing things in your everyday life that make you happy. Sewing and creating are things that make my mom really happy and it makes me happy to see her happy. So if anything, we hope that genuine happiness comes through in our posts.
11. What is your favorite food recipe?
Shabu shabu! Check out our post about it here.
The 11 awesome blogs we would like to nominate are:
My Love Affair With
So Many Crafts, So Little Time
My Knotted Life
On the Upcycle
Sweets Eats and Crafts
Purple House Blog
J. Govan Sewing and Design Studio
My Blog by Meg
Our questions for the nominees:
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
2. What are your goals for your blog?
3. Where is your favorite place to travel?
4. Name one thing that makes you happy.
5. Where are you located? (Country, city, state, etc)
6. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon?
7. What is your all-time favorite dessert?
8. Do you have any pets?
9. What are some of the biggest challenges you have encountered while blogging?
10. What is your profession (if blogging is not your full-time job)?
11. What hobbies do you enjoy outside of blogging?
Thank you again to Brianna for your nomination! We are so excited to read all of your answers and get to know everyone a little bit better!